Holiday Activities for Your Family
Now that your children are out of school for winter break, you may want plan some family fun time before classes begin again next month. Here at Dr. Roberts Family Dentistry, we have some holiday traditions that we enjoy every year:
- Share the wonder: Read favorite stories from your own childhood to your children
- Feel the warmth: Drink some hot cocoa! Letting kids pick out their own toppings for cocoa is a fun family tradition, and as long as kids know that this sugary treat is something they only get on special occasions, their teeth won’t be at risk.
- Enjoy holiday magic: Drive around to look at Christmas lights. Kids love seeing houses all decorated for the holidays, and even if you don’t want to make a trip to Callaway Gardens or Lake Lanier Islands’ displays, you can still find some amazing displays in the neighborhoods near your home!
- Make some yum! Bake and decorate some sugar cookies. Most recipes make a lot of cookies, so you can enjoy a few for yourself and give the rest away as gifts to friends and family.
If you’re in a more adventurous mood, celebrate the holidays by attending some of these activities in the Columbus area with your children:
- Thursday, December 17 – Santa visits Riverside! 5-8 PM on the Lawn at Riverside at Fort Benning. While you’re there, you can also enjoy some games, hot cocoa, and face painting before you meet Santa.
- Thursday–Sunday, December 17-20 – Watch Beauty and the Beast at the Springer Opera House 7:30 PM 17-19th and at 2:30 PM on the 20th.
- Friday, December 18 – Enjoy books and cookies with Santa at the North Columbus Library at 4PM.
- Saturday, December 19 – Teenagers need something to do during the break too! Take them to the Teen Glass Blowing Class, 9AM – noon and 2-4PM. A $5 deposit and RSVP are required to secure your spot. Take this class at the Columbus Museum.
- Saturday and Sunday, December 19–20 Watch The Polar Express (3D) at the National Infantry Museum at 1PM and 3PM.
- Monday, December 21 – Kids Break for a Movie: The Little Rascals Save the Day, 10:30AM at the Columbus Public Library.
- Monday, December 21 – Enjoy a Holiday Extravaganza at the South Columbus Library from 3 – 5PM.
- Tuesday and Thursday, December 22–23 – Watch The Polar Express (3D) at the National Infantry Museum at 2PM, 4PM, and 6:30PM.
- Thursday, December 24 – Watch The Polar Express (3D) at the National Infantry Museum at 2PM and 4PM.
- Saturday, December 26 – Enjoy the Mildred L. Terry Library’s Kwanzaa Celebration at 10:30AM.
- Wednesday, December 30 – Kids can enjoy a New Year’s celebration at the Columbus Public Library’s New Years at Noon for Kids.
We hope this helps give you some ideas about sharing the joy with your family this year. And from all of us at Dr. Rene Roberts Family Dentistry, have a safe and happy holiday season!
Back to Patient Education